[CalendarX-users] different rights in adding CalendarX
+lupa+
2006-07-10 23:23:13 UTC
Hello,
I'm developing a Plone site with two custom roles. I intend to permit to
only one of these roles to add CalendarX (I only want portal members with
this role to have the right to add CalendarX instances). Can you help me,
even with a simple advice, for this problem ?
Thanks a lot !
Best regards,
Constantin Avramescu
Hi Constantin,
If you go to Plone.org and search for "restrict types", you'll find
several links on ways to do this. I've used this one before:

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/restrict-addable-types/

where you create a modified getNotAddableTypes script, and modify it so
that users with one of your roles to see CalendarX instances, and the other
role so that users can not see CalendarX instances to add. It is simple,
and works. I put my modified copy of that script in the Members folder,
and then it impacted only the users in their spaces in the Members area.

I have not used it for a while myself, so there may be other ways to do
this now, and in newer versions of Plone.

Good luck.
+lupa+