[CalendarX-users] UnicodeDecodeError in getEventDict*.py if event.Title contains utf-8
Jens Nachtigall
2006-09-14 19:59:09 UTC

if I have an event with a title which contains utf-8 (e.g. "täst") then I do
receive an UnicodeDecodeErrors in every getEventDict* python script.This
means that the calendar can not be viewed any more, if the event with the
umlaut in its title is supposed to be displayed in the calender.

the problem lies here:

#title is 'täst' ('t\xc3\xa4st')
eventtitle = str(event.Title)

[...]

# this gives the UnicodeDecodeError
eventstring= '<strong>'+eventtitle+'</strong>(start: '+ \
stime+' - '+smonth+' '+sday+', '+syear \
+' |end: '+etime+' - '+emonth+' '+eday+', '+eyear+')'

How can this be fixed? calenderX0.6.5(stable) 2005-12-21
My site-encoding is utf-8

tia,

jens
Jens Nachtigall
2006-09-23 12:38:18 UTC
Hello, hello,

anybody there? ;-)

I actually thought this would be a question the average python / zope
programmer can answer (which I am not, unfortunately).

cheers,

jens
+lupa+
2006-09-25 16:58:31 UTC
Hi Jens,
Can't replicate your error. I have an event with "täst" in the title
on September 9, 2006, and it is displayed in CalendarX 0.6.6 on the live
site here:

http://calendarx.org/cali

Perhaps there is some Unicode handling that is non-standard on your
site. I've never adjusted anything on my site to change anything related
to Unicode, because I know virtually nothing about it.

Sorry for the LONG delay in testing this. Sorry no more help than I am, yet.
+lupa+
Jens Nachtigall
2006-09-25 18:59:19 UTC
Post by +lupa+
Hi Jens,
Can't replicate your error. I have an event with "täst" in the title
on September 9, 2006, and it is displayed in CalendarX 0.6.6 on the live
http://calendarx.org/cali
then it must be a side effect of http://plone.org/products/recurring-events
which we use.

thanks anyway,