[CalendarX-users] question from dtml-calendar tag convert
Erik Myllymaki
2007-05-23 23:27:35 UTC
Hello,

I am just looking at calendarx for the first time. We use some old
dtml-calendar tag pages on our zope site and i would really like to move
them away to a ZPT templated calendar, like calendarx.

Can anyone provide some pointers on how I might incorporate sql scripts
into calendarx to include events that are stored in exisiting
databases? Currently that is how our dtml-calendar pages work.

Thanks.
Matthew Sherborne
2007-05-24 01:50:30 UTC
Post by Erik Myllymaki
Can anyone provide some pointers on how I might incorporate sql scripts
into calendarx to include events that are stored in exisiting
databases? Currently that is how our dtml-calendar pages work.
Perhaps create your own event, deriving from ATEvent, with the same
type_name ("Event") and modify the event's schema to use sqlstorage, this
would allow you to have pretend event object that are picked by calendarx
and read from sql.

http://plone.sourceforge.net/archetypes/sqlstorage-howto.html
http://plone.org/products/archetypes/documentation/old/wiki/SQLStorage/

Thanks.

Also consider using plone4artists calendar as it is newer, however it only
has a month view and an event list view.

Blessings
Matthew
Matthew Sherborne
2007-05-24 01:51:52 UTC
Forgot to give a demo

myschema = ATEvent.schema.copy()

for field in myschema:
field.updateStorage(SQLStorage...) # I'm not sure of the exact method
name..

Blessings
Matthew