[CalendarX-users] a couple of questions on 0.9.0 release
Erik Myllymaki
2008-01-14 05:22:33 UTC
Hello, I am evaluating 0.9.0 on a Plone 3.0.5 instance.

The first question I have is, how do I remove the "Categories" in the
subject bar - I only want to be able to see subcalendars in there, not
categories, at least for the top-most calendar of a tree of calendars,
anyway.

Second, when I create sub calendars, when I select "Sub Calendar Menu
Check this property if this calendar folder is a subcalendar." and save,
I get the following traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 216, in _exec
Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 155, in pt_render
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 89, in pt_render
Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 957, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 861, in do_defineMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 957, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 534, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 949, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 534, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 855, in do_condition
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 855, in do_condition
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 824, in do_loop_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 855, in do_condition
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 586, in do_setLocal_tal
Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
file:/Users/erikmyllymaki/Development/Plone/aviawest_intranet/parts/products-svn/CalendarX/skins/CalendarX/CX_props_macros.pt
- Line 519, Column 20
- Expression: <PythonExpr subcalendarnames[n-1]>
- Names:
{'container': <PloneSite at /Plone>,
'context': <CalendarXFolder at
/Plone/corporate-calendar/sales-calendar>,
'default': <object object at 0x50528>,
'here': <CalendarXFolder at
/Plone/corporate-calendar/sales-calendar>,
'loop': {u'subby':
<Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.PathIterator object at 0x88e5530>},
'nothing': None,
'options': {'args': ()},
'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object
at 0x8797b70>,
'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://localhost:8282/Plone/corporate-calendar/sales-calendar/month>,
'root': <Application at >,
'template': <FSPageTemplate at /Plone/month used for
/Plone/corporate-calendar/sales-calendar>,
'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>}
Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 49, in __call__
- __traceback_info__: subcalendarnames[n-1]
Module PythonExpr, line 1, in <expression>
Module AccessControl.ZopeGuards, line 67, in guarded_getitem
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Thanks for any guidance.
Erik Myllymaki
2008-01-14 07:02:23 UTC
Post by Erik Myllymaki
Hello, I am evaluating 0.9.0 on a Plone 3.0.5 instance.
The first question I have is, how do I remove the "Categories" in the
subject bar - I only want to be able to see subcalendars in there, not
categories, at least for the top-most calendar of a tree of calendars,
anyway.
Second, when I create sub calendars, when I select "Sub Calendar Menu
Check this property if this calendar folder is a subcalendar." and save,
Much like my other post, this is mainly about a mismatch of fields and
descriptions in the properties forms:

I think these two titles should be swapped:

Sub Calendar
Check this property to signal that (1) there are subcalendars below and
(2) hence, use the special SubCalendar Menu for the Subject Links that
allows you to both (either) filter on the subcalendars as well as click
on the Subject (subcalendar name) to drill down and view that
subcalendar alone.

Lupa Zurven
2008-01-16 03:11:45 UTC
Hi Erik,
Your use case makes perfect sense. I just made a main calendar
with two subcalendars. I set the main calendar to read from both
folders, and the subcalendars to each read from only one of the
folders... and it worked just fine. However, as you wrote, the
subcalendar checkbox-menu at the top does NOT work as you would
expect... only showing the events from one of the folders/calendars.
I will try to wrap my brain around that, and see if I can think of a
way to make it work that way.
Off the top of my mind, the only reasonable way would be to create
a method that (1) calls each of the calendars' view methods, and (2)
aggregates (and uniques) the resulting Event list, and displays them.
Using the checkbox should then restrict the aggregation to whichever
calendars have been selected.
It would be slower... but not necessarily too slow. It's a nice
idea, a better way to implement truly versatile subcalendars...
perhaps for CalendarX 1.0 :-)
+lupa+
Not yet... I have plans to rewrite the manual when the 0.9.x branch
gets to beta. I haven't worked with the metadata yet in Plone 3
much either (ie, at all). So I have much to learn in order to
rewrite.
I think my main problem now is that the portal_metadata tool doesn't
seem to work in P3, so I cannot implement your subfolder example
from the manual.
Specifically, i would like a top level calendar that has two sub-
calendars.
the top-level calendar will ONLY show the events that are in the two
sub calendars.
the sub calendars will ONLY show events in a particular folder.
It seems the way you do this in the manual involves making subject
lists in portal_metadata and then using them in your calendar setup,
but I do not think the portal_metadta tool works in P3, or at least
does not work the same way.