[CalendarX-users] error with latest version, Plone 3.1.4
John DeStefano
2008-08-28 19:02:33 UTC
Hi Lupa, all,

I'm getting this error with a fresh install of the latest Plone 3
compatible code in the collective, when creating a new CalendarX
object in a Plone 3.1.4 site:
Traceback (innermost last):
Module Products.CMFCore.PortalContent, line 97, in __call__
AttributeError: showDefaultView

The full text dump of the error is here, if it's of any use:
http://deesto.pastebin.com/f64a7769a

No errors on installing the product, and the /edit works on the
object, as do all other actions, except "View", so it must be a
problem with the default view <?>. I add a new object, keep all the
default settings, and click Create, and it dies.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks,
~John
Lupa Zurven
2008-08-28 19:37:57 UTC
John,
Top of my head, I just don't know. I've not downloaded and tested
on Plone 3.1.4 myself, although I believe many are running it
successfully (have heard no complaints, I don't believe).
showDefaultView.py is a redirection script that's just supposed to
take you to /month or /day or whatever value you have set as the
default view template. it's not an "attribute" per se... so I'm not
sure why the error looks like that.
John DeStefano
2008-08-28 20:19:10 UTC
Hi Lupa,

Thanks. This is using a freshly-svn-ed copy of the latest plone-3-
compatibility branch, on an existing 3.1.4 Plone site, with no other
problems (as far as I know). I've installed this version of CalendarX
on <= 3.1.3 sites without a hitch. So when I got this error, I svn-ed
the latest copy just to make sure I hadn't screwed something up, and
got the same error again on creating a new object (not on package
install or zope restart, just on object create).

Could there be something in Plone 3.1.4 that throws this redirect
script for a loop?
Post by Lupa Zurven
John,
Top of my head, I just don't know. I've not downloaded and tested
on Plone 3.1.4 myself, although I believe many are running it
successfully (have heard no complaints, I don't believe).
showDefaultView.py is a redirection script that's just supposed to
take you to /month or /day or whatever value you have set as the
default view template. it's not an "attribute" per se... so I'm not
sure why the error looks like that.
Hmmm ...
dest = context.getCXAttribute('defaultView')
return context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('%s/%s' %
(context.absolute_url(), dest))

/view returns the error below. /day & /month return Plone's version
of a 404/not found page. /folder_contents shows the "no visible
items" message, but does not fail, as don't the other tabs (edit, etc.).

Something else that seems strange: when the object appears (in Recent
Changes portlet, folder contents view, etc.), the title of the created
object seems to be set to "CalendarXFolder [title]", instead of just
[title] like other objects. I've never noticed that in other versions
before.

Other than that, and the fact that this same code still works on
previous Plone versions (I've tested that as well), I don't know what
else to add.
John DeStefano
2008-08-28 21:04:20 UTC
Lupa,

It seems this issue was caused completely by another add-on product.
I've uninstalled the other product, and CalendarX is back to normal in
all aspects. Now, to figure out why the other product was screwing up
CalendarX, which I may never be able to do ...

Very sorry for the false alarm.

Best,
~John
what else to add.
Lupa Zurven
2008-08-28 21:07:01 UTC
Hi John,
That's sorta great news... but what product was the culprit?
Enquiring minds reading list archives will want to know.
+lupa+

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:04 PM, John DeStefano